Friday, October 28, 2011

GRADE CARDS

As I sit here on a Friday afternoon that has been put aside for teachers to work on grade cards I find that I want to do anything but that. I want to make plans on where to go next with my class. I want to read and get inspired by ideas.  Most of all I want to buy new books!  I do not want to collect grades.

Maybe this lack of motivation is due to Halloween or the Cardinals going to game 7.  But most of all I feel like it is because I am not ready to assess my students.  With beginning a new reading curriculum I feel that I do not know my students as well as I should as readers.  I have spent so much of my time grasping the new reading program, that the joy of reading has been limited in my classroom. 

As a result:  More reflecting, planning, and reading.  Grade cards can wait for now.  (until tomorrow)

No comments:

Post a Comment