Sunday, October 2, 2011

Oh How I Love Sundays :)

What is your favorite day of the week?  What an interesting thought.  I may ask my students this question tomorrow.  I am predicting that Monday will have the least votes.  Well my favorite day of the week is BY FAR Sunday.  Why you may ask?  Well I get to sleep in (to around 9, it's sad what my life has come to), clean, catch up on laundry, watch A LOT of T.V., prepare our school week, and eat.

I recently moved into a new house in August with new roomies.  Every Sunday we try to make a dinner.  This week was INTENSE mac n' cheese.  After reading many different recipes I headed over to the local grocery store to buy the supplies, some including dry mustard (didn't even know this existed).

On the list:
-Elbow noodles
-Two different types of cheese (sharp cheddar and pepper jack)
-Dry mustard (a small pinch)
-Red peppers
-Bacon
-Tomatoes
-Ground pepper
-Milk (3 cups)
-Butter (1/4 a cup)

Let's say that I started the day excited about this project, but quickly began to hate the process.  Cutting the veggies and baking the bacon was the simple part.  Melting the cheese was the HORRIBLE part.  Let's just say that I was really wishing for a double broiler tonight.

Too bad the mystery of the double broiler never got solved in my family.  Long story short:  My family always passed around the double broiler from house to house and it randomly went missing.  Come to a family event and I guarantee you will hear the story.

Anyways.....melting the cheese was a very LONG process especially when I was extremely hungry.
Place in the oven at 350 for 25 minutes and be ready for cheesy goodness.  mmmmmmm good.


Also this weekend Andy and I headed to a pumpkin festival.  Check out some of our pics!

This is such a funny idea.  Looks a lot like my roomie Jessica.  

No comments:

Post a Comment