Thursday, January 24, 2013

Technology in the Classroom

Wow!  Blogging is always something that I want to do daily, yet I am finding that I am afraid to post and get involved the media frenzy world or that I simply do not make time for the task.  Blogging has so many positives and it still finds it's way to the VERY bottom of my list.

 Tonight I met with a great team of educators who have quickly became my mentors and friends.  We got on the topic of technology and the impact that social media has or will have on our 4th and 5th grade students.  Technology is spreading rapidly and as educators it is important that we begin finding time to use it in our classroom and to educate our students on the etiquette of the sites.  Our voices can be heard in a simpler way than before.  I believe it is important to teach students to express their voice, yet I also believe it is a priority that we teach our students that their is a time and place.

As I end my blog post and cut it short to watch some drama filled television I make some goals as an educator and a learner.

1. Use more technology in the classroom
2. Teach about the power of voice and how to use it positively in this fast paced culture
3. Become more involved with social media collaboration

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment