Thursday, August 16, 2012

First Day Jitters!

My third year of teaching!  Wow!  I cannot believe where the time has gone.  There are still many firsts in the world of teaching, yet I can say that starting my third year was a lot more relaxing than the other two.  Needless to say I still couldn't sleep the night before Meet the Teacher and I had several "Back to School Nightmares".

First day back, and one day down!  It is always a shock on the first day of how much we have to learn and practice.  I get so accustomed and remember where my last class ended that I forget about the beginning.  It is also interesting to see how different a class can be in between years.

Today we practiced routines, got to know one another, and organized our classroom.  We even had a snowball fight in August!

With getting ready for the new school year I was overwhelmed with ideas, as a result I de-stressed by buying books.

 Check out some of my new buys!


Balloons over Broadway: The True Story of the Puppeteer of Macy's Parade (Bank Street College of Education Flora Stieglitz Straus Award (Awards))
The Elephant Scientist (Scientists in the Field Series)
Blackout



No comments:

Post a Comment